Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT)
Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT) is a diploma level course for Medical lab technologist. It is the branch of medical science. The course provides learning in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases in patients through clinical laboratory tests. DMLT course is a one-year course having two requisite semester covers preclinical subjects such as Hematology, Clinical Biochemistry, Microbiology, Clinical Pathology, Immunology, Blood Banking, Histopathology, and Cytology. Students enrolled in DMLT course are imparted training in laboratory management ethics through practical sessions, internal assessment, viva-voce and an internship training program of 6-month duration. After completing the course module within the schedule, the diploma degree will be awarded to the candidate.
- After successful completion of this course, candidates can perform activities such as analyzing human body fluids, assisting the concerned doctor in the treatment of diseases and detecting the presence or absence of certain microorganisms in the patient's body.
- The students will be trained to perform a test that aid in the diagnosis and treatment of disease as the program equips candidates with the necessary skills required to handle the lab equipment and perform the accurate pathological test.
- The student will be able to apply knowledge and technical skills associated with medical lab technology.
- They will able to perform routine clinical laboratory procedures within acceptable quality control parameters in haematology, chemistry, immunohematology, and microbiology.
- Demonstrate technical skills, social behavior, and professional awareness imperative upon a laboratory technician.
- They will be capable of Appling problem-solving techniques in identification and correction of procedural errors, instrument malfunctions and verifying the accuracy of laboratory results.
- They understand professional and ethical responsibility in medical lab technology practices.
- They efficiently execute well-designed research experiments and contribute to the organization, analysis, and interpretation of clinical data.
- They can work as a leader in the diverse professional and industrial research areas.
- Recognize the need to engage in lifelong learning through continuing education and research.
- They also have many scopes in molecular diagnostic, molecular biotechnology companies and in vitro fertilization laboratories as well as in research laboratories.