BACHELOR OF PHYSIOTHERAPY ABOUT DEPARTMENT
Course: BPT (Bachelor of Physiotherapy)
Course Duration: 4 Years 6 months including 6 months Internship
Affiliation: RK University
Approved by: Government of Gujarat and Indian Association of Physiotherapist (IAP)
Intake : 100 seats
The course is of four and half year duration including six months of Internship. After the completion of this course the RK University awards a degree of Bachelor of Physiotherapy. The primary focus of the course is to provide an integrated curriculum that combines didactic and clinical study to prepare students for the practice of physiotherapy. The fee for the course may be revised as and when applicable. In its endeavor to achieve this objective and to provide quality education, the institute has a highly qualified and experienced full time academic and clinical faculty. Physiotherapy is a health care profession that addresses all aspects of working with disabilities using manual therapy, therapeutic exercises and the applications of electro physical modalities. The physiotherapist plays a very important role in returning the patient to functional independence and restoration of normal life style. Physiotherapy is a rehabilitative science and enables a graduate to establish a physical diagnosis and determines the patient’s movement potential and thus devises a treatment program. This course is affiliated to RK University and recognized by Indian Association of Physiotherapist (IAP).
BPT is a 4 year program with 6 months compulsory internship. After completion of the study program the graduates are eligible to apply for registration as a Physiotherapist. The program is supported with specialist teaching facilities which include a physiotherapy hospital and labs equipped with specialist bio- mechanical and physiological equipment.
Some of the subjects covered during the course of study include Human Anatomy, Physiology and Psychology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Electro therapy, Clinical Orthopedics, General Medical and surgical conditions, Physical and functional diagnosis, Advanced Therapeutics and Community based Rehabilitation.
- Awarded the best college of the year for 2010 by IAP (Indian Association of Physiotherapists).
- 1st in Gujarat and 6th in India providing bachelor (BPT), Master (MPT), and Doctoral (PhD) level programs under one roof.
- Successfully accomplished 6th National Student Summit- Physiofest 2015.
- Research journal / magazine (ISSN/ISBN) publication rights for Quarterly Published Physiotherapy News Letter “physioforum”.
- Exposure to more than 1300 patients every month.
- More than 150 projects at undergraduate level.
- Clinical training in well known hospitals and physiotherapy centers like Gokul Super specialty Hospital, Madhuram Hospital, Civil Hospital, Ramkrishna Ashram, RK Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Research Center etc.
- Active learning techniques to make students’ learning easy and engrossing.
- Lectures are delivered in an audio-visual mode with LCD projectors.
- Detailed lecture notes in easy language are given to students.
- Bio kinesiology projects in BPT
- Hands on practice of various physiotherapeutic techniques.
- Bedside Learning for clinical training
- Classroom Case presentations